July 6, 2016
The Swimming Pools Builder Hiring Checklist
If you are seriously considering having a custom luxury pool built by a talented and experienced swimming pools builder, you want to know what you need to do to make sure that who you’re hiring is the best. A high-end swimming pool like a vanishing edge pool or an entirely brand new outdoor living space is a very large decision, so you want to ensure that everything about the person you are hiring is on point.
The Best Pool Builder Checklist You Will Find
It is your right to get multiple quotes before you make the choice. Even if you have your eye on a specific pool designer and builder, it is good to ask certain questions. The following are the areas that you should discuss with the swimming pools builder.
Information about the Pool Building Business
- Make sure the pool company is licensed and insured.
- Ask about how many years the company has been in business
- How many pools have been constructed in the past year?
Ask for References
- How many pools have been built since the pool construction business started?
- Have pools been built in areas outside of the Atlanta area or Georgia?
- Ask if you can have references. Try to get at least 10 references.
Check Ratings and Reviews
- A good swimming pool builder should have at least two good reviews to every bad review.
- Check to see if the pool builder has reasonably responded to negative reviews, if possible. Sometimes it isn’t possible for the builder to respond.
Ask the Swimming Pools Builder about Products
- Find out the products that are used and how they are rated in the marketplace.
- Ask about warranties.
Is there a Workmanship Warranty?
- Is there a warranty?
- How long does the warranty last?
- What does the warranty cover?
What does the Project Design and Planning Process Look Like?
Before the project begins, a plan will be presented. This plan covers:
- The pool location
- The pool size
- The filter system you chose and its location
- The access lane for construction
- The dimensions of any other features that will be included
- Yard and deck drainage, if needed
- Fence size and layout, if needed
- Pool elevation
The contract is to show your price, the estimated date of completion (keep in mind that weather can be a factor), and any other aspects that are important to you.
Reference Check Questions
When you conduct the reference checks, here are some questions to ask:
- Would you hire this pool builder again?
- How would you rate the experience on a scale of 1 to 10?
- What was your favorite part about the experience?
- Is there anything you would do differently or want your pool builder to do differently?
- Did you choose accessories or extra options?
- How did the pool builder handle problems or challenges that came about?
Talk to an Experienced Swimming Pools Builder
It is imperative to have an experienced pool company working for you. That way you know the job is done right. To talk to an award-winning pool designer and builder, call Shane LeBlanc today at 678-519-1501. To email instead, send your inquiry to [email protected] to request a free consult.