July 28, 2016
Inground Swimming Pools Safety
There can never be too many articles on safety around inground swimming pools or swimming pools in general. The reason is because there are many accidents that happen around the summer. We see them in Atlanta, Peachtree City, and all throughout Georgia and the world. Making sure the proper precautions are taken and that everyone is aware of what they should and shouldn’t do helps avert disaster.
Know the Numbers
The Center for Disease Control states that 80% of drowning victims are male and 20% of drowning deaths are children under 14 years of age. Children ages 1 to 4 are at the greatest risk of drowning death. In adult drowning cases, 70% of them are due to alcohol.
There are different ways that you can prevent accidents around inground swimming pools. Those ways include:
- Children and adults that can’t swim should have formal swimming lessons. Children can begin taking lessons at a year old or younger.
- Barriers can be placed around the pool that prevents children from entering the pool area when an adult isn’t present.
- Non-slip surfaces around the pool can also prevent slip and fall accidents.
- Children should always have an adult supervising them when around the pool in order to reduce accident risk and improve the reaction time.
- Safety devices should be used properly. Floating toys and pool noodles aren’t to be used as life-saving apparatuses.
- Alcohol shouldn’t be consumed in close proximity to the pool.
- A First Aid kit should always be close to the pool. The kit should have bandages, scissors, tape, and a floatation device.
- It is good to have CPR training in case there is ever an accident.
Most pool owners are able to make sure their inground swimming pools are safe for their families.
Contact A Quality Designer of Inground Swimming Pools
When you want safety integrated into your swimming pool design, tell your pool designer and certain safety elements can be built-in so that you can make sure your pool area is safe for you and your family. Call Shane LeBlanc today at 678-519-1501 or email [email protected] for a free consult.