May 14, 2013
Ensure That Your Family is Safe Around the Pool This Summer
Having a custom pool built in your back yard is the American dream. Swimming pools are a ton of fun and great way to relax, but you have to keep you family safe! Unfortunately, there are hundreds of pool related injuries each year but there are plenty of ways that you can prevent these accidents and keep your pool a fun zone.
Make sure to keep your family safe with these pool safety tips:
- Make sure you have a high-quality swimming pool cover to make sure that no one can accidentally fall in while the pool is closed for the season
- Have a sturdy, latching, pool fence installed to keep pets and children out of the pool area when you’re not around
- Make sure that your pool drain and suction covers are in good shape. Faulty or missing covers can cause entrapment and drowning.
- According to the USPSC a child could drown in less time than it would take to answer the phone. Make sure you stay with children when playing in the pool and always keep children under five withing arms reach. Never leave children and pets unattended.
- Make sure you clean all toys and floats out of the pool so that children don’t become intrigued.
- Familiarize yourself with CPR procedures and make sure that you can handle any emergency. Also, ensure that your family and children understand pool safety and behavior around the water.
When you’re enjoying you’re custom swimming pool ensure that you take the proper precautions to keep your family safe. A swimming pool is a great addition to any home, they are a lot of fun and a great way to entertain and relax. Pool safety is the most important thing you should familiarize yourself with when making the decision to have a custom pool built.
Give Georgia Pools a call now to find out more about having a custom swimming pool installed in your back yard and to receive a FREE quote!
Call (678) 519-1501 or Email Us Today